What You Need
- Pattern (see below)
- Clear plastic lanyard (Rexlace)
- 36 dark blue transparent beads (7mm)
- 66 red transparent beads (7mm)
- 48 clear transparent beads (7mm)
- Tacky glue
- Suction cup (with a hook or with a slit)
How to Make It
- Cut strips of clear Rexlace,
one for every row in the pattern, that are 10 inches long.
- Fold each strip of clear
Rexlace in half so that they curve towards each other. (Rexlace has a
natural curl in it.)
- Fold each strip around the
straw and string the beads over both layers of clear Rexlace in the order
the beads go on the pattern. Do 1 column at a time.
- After each column is finished,
tie a knot at the end.
- Put a drop of tacky glue in
each knot to help it stay.
- Let all of the knots dry and
then cut off the extra clear Rexlace at the ends.
- Trim the straw so that it is a
little longer than the suncatcher on both ends.
- Run a piece of Rexlace through
the straw and make a loop to hang the suncatcher from. Tie a knot at the end
and put a drop of glue in the knot.
- Hang it from the suction cup